Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Brainchild

Let's not play games here. I wanted the following entry to be my first blog, but I thought I'd introduce "her" slowly. By "her" I mean the brainchild and combined effort of people that believe in her existence. She's not a unicorn; she's the word "bejus." Here's some info:


Bejus (pronounced: bee-juss) was created on or about October 1st, 2008 via AIM. What started out as a typo, has now become an omnipresent force in the lives of many.

If you're wondering what it is, you should be aware that you already know because it's a word that describes 89.4% of everything. Ever.

For example: Euthanasia is bejus because it ends the suffering of an afflicted person or animal, but leaves friends and family feeling empty and/or guilty.

Moreover, fat little kids are bejus because, for a while, they are the most adorable beings, but it's really not a good way to start your life. Let's be real, it's all downhill from there.

Do you need another?

OK.

Courtney Love is bejus because she's a fucking trainwreck, but I need to watch the unsettling developments.

Is this too abstract for you?

Here- Working is bejus because it sucks, but you get paid.

In essence...BEJUS IS NEVERYTHING!


Got the gist of it?

I love words and I'm pretty sure there isn't another word for bejus. Some people suggest that bittersweet does the job, but it doesn't. Phrases like "hurt so good" and  "Catch 22" do a decent job of describing what bejus says in one fun little word. 


I don't want to bombard you with too much information, so I'll leave you with this basic knowledge about the word of all words.

More to follow...







No comments:

Post a Comment