Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mind-Freak Daydream of Sorts


After Danny left for work this morning, Rita and I fell back asleep. I woke up suddenly, feeling slightly confused and panicked and, out of instinct, I reached down towards my feet to make sure lovely Rita was with me. After I located the fur-ball, I started searching the bed for my son.

I.do.not.have.a.son.

I remember thinking that my son should be in the bed and if he wasn't, where was he? I sat up and thought perhaps he was in the living room watching TV. My next contemplation was that he was too young to operate the television on his own and it was not safe for him to be unattended. Then I directed my anger at Danny for allowing our child to go it alone.

Then I realized this was a mind-freak daydream of sorts.

What does it all mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment