Monday, August 30, 2010

True Blood Snafu?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Vampire Eric
For the three seconds during True Blood that I wasn't fantasizing about Eric Northman, I picked up on something strange. An oversight, perhaps? Here goes...

How come "V" makes its users experience euphoria when they take it recreationally, but when "V" is used to heal, it speeds recovery without causing hallucinations?

Moreover, how come that cocky football player becomes a super-athlete due to "V", rather than lying in a field with a pseudo-hippie like Jason Stackhouse did?

This is all very confusing and I need an explanation before I begin feeling like the people behind True Blood are trying to pull a fast one on me. Once I feel like I'm being had, I'm out! I can only be glamoured by the hot men of True Blood for so long before I start introducing my brain to the show. It's been three seasons and I'm starting to get used to impossibly good looking guys.

Has anyone out there read the Sookie Stackhouse novels and knows the answer? Was anyone paying attention to detail rather than getting lost in Jason's eyes and Eric's chest? Not me! Give me answers.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing. At first I thought if you needed to be healed it just negated the hallucination factor, which I forced to make sense in my head. But then when the new football stud became the "super-athlete" because of it, it threw me off completely. All in all, Im blinded by the hotness and couldn't give you any answers. Are you even surprised?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok im a dude and im not blinded by this stuff. first season, jason gets pissed at andy belfour and pushed him 6 feet in the air into a car. eric said this season when werewolfs have V their strength can become a challenge even to him. first season when jason drinks the full vile he gets a mega boner. I think V is what you make it. that football kid is just concentrating all his focus on football so it improves his play. i bet his vision is better too. this past episode hoyt said he feels like there are muscles he never knew he had. i dunno, its kinda a grey area

    ReplyDelete